- How then are they to call upon Him in whom they have not believed?
- How are they to believe Him whom they have not heard?
- How are they to hear, if no one preaches?
- How are we to preach unless we are sent?
Throughout my sermon I would sing a verse of “This little light of mine” – yes, the Sunday School song we all used to sing and I applied its very adult theology to this church in Flamborough, Ontario.
Light is the essence of who God is. In heaven there will be no need for our artificial light for God will shed His light on everyone.
I can tell you that this year, as I have been given the call and the responsibility to walk every day knowing that God was walking with me, my days have been clear. Even in the midst of momentary darkness, the light was there to break that darkness and to sustain me on my walk. It has been my measurement in my relationship with God – when there was light, there was God and when there was no light, I sought God and found Him quickly.
What is in store for 2014?
I am looking forward to how God will chart my road and where this road will lead me and in doing so share that journey with you.
Grace and peace to you in 2014.
- This Little Light of Mine (devotionsinmotion.wordpress.com)